Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Interview with guy who had part in dancing scenes for Gatsby

Dancing with a Dunsborough star

TIM CARRIER

28 Dec, 2011 09:42 AM

A DANCER who grew up in Dunsborough and has just finished working on the set of Leonardo Di Caprio’s new movie, is looking forward to coming home to share his talent with others.

Austin Chandler, who went to Dunsborough Primary School, will be back in Busselton in January teaching at the South West Summer School.

He has just finished working on The Great Gatsby, directed by Baz Luhrman and starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Casey Mulligan and Tobey Maguire, which is due out next year.

“I was a one of about 20 feature dancers for the film,” he said.

“It was amazing, especially working with Leonardo DiCaprio.

“All the filming was done inside one the big Fox Studios buildings in Sydney.

“They had built a full-scale 1920’s mansion which felt real – you could open all the doors and walk up and down the stairs.

“It was very long days from 6am-11pm just filming the same scenes over and over but I enjoyed it.”

Aside from the movie role, Austin has an impressive resume of other achievements.

“I was on TV in Dance Academy, I danced in the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for Cody Simpson, did work at the Sydney Fashion Week and was one of the Telstra Netboys.”

Austin said he had been looking forward to coming back to where it all began.

“I originally started dancing when I was at Dunsborough Primary School when I was six, because of a bad back.”

He is looking forward to passing on his knowledge to local kids in the South West Summer School, which will be held in Busselton.

Austin will be one of four well-known dance teachers. The others are Dave Denis, Nancy Denis and Jessica Sweeney.

“It will be a really fun week. The kids will learn all atypes of routines and we will be showing them the latest dance styles,.

“My advice to prospective dancers is to just keep pushing to where you want

Hi Barbie, Fash, everyone!

thank U Ox for the Montana sighting of Leo and Erin. I'm sure they're there to ski and maybe it's because Erin is into skiing that they went there cause I don't recall Leo being into skiing that much - I mean, i think I've seen one pic of Leo on skis from as long time ago but can't remember any other time (aside from Inception, haha)

PS I was reading her profile on a Model site and her hobby is listed as basketball so she shares at least one interest with Leo!

My apologies if this has already been posted. In this video from February 2010, Candice S. and Erin answer questions about Valentine's Day from fans, including what their favorite romantic movie is. Turns out Erin's answer is Romeo + Juliet. The way she says "Leonardo DiCaprio" makes me think she had a crush on him prior to their romance, just like the rest of us. The part about her favorite movie starts at about 5:25:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/vic...amp;FORM=LKVR17

^wow, Chi good find! Isn't that cool how Erin was already crushing on Leo. :wub:

Thanks Ox for the article and the info about leo and erin in Montana. And judging by tweets bradley is there too. I love their bromance :p

Also on the haters discussion, I know there are erin fans out there who are happy about this, because they like seeing their fav celeb happy, and thats why I am okay with this, because leo seems happy :) Thats all that matters.

Oh yeah I saw that interview last year, didn't put much thought into it at the time of course. Though it's definately interesting to see now because of their current connection. This really reminds me of Blake :)

Oh NO, I don't want to remember Blake. <_<

I think almost every girl had a crush on Leo at least one day at that time, I would say is kind of normal... :laugh:

Chi, I couldn't see the video... :(

Sorry hun :( All they did was ask both of them what their fav romance movie is and erin said "romeo and Juliet, with leonardo dicaprio (smiles)." and goes on to say how its good because its a sexy movie and its done in a very modern way.

And yes fash, its very similar to the blake vid.