Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Barbie

Believe me when I came to the realization of how things 'really worked' I was disappointed , sad, angry. I guess it is part of growing up.

Sometimes we give an importance /value to things that are not worthy of it.

yeah, ox you clarify a lot of things to me, thank you but still is very hard to accept this, this hurts so much when you truly admire someone and see that he's being ignored. :cry: But maybe you right, we give too much credit to this awards when is not really worthy with all this game behind. :(

Barilace

I can't speak for Oldman ,Fassenbender, or Dujardin's performances, but I've seen Pitt and Clooney's performances , and they could receive 1,000 nominations , and one of them could even win, and it won't change my opinion that neither performance was anyway near the level of Leo's .

And at same time ,even if Leo doesn't receive an nomination from any group, it won't change my opinion of the excellence of his performance.

Barbie

Exactly that is my thought :)

we give too much credit to this awards when is not really worthy with all this game behind.

I'd rather spend my time focusing on this man below rather than an object =220px-Oscar_statuette.jpg

tumblr_lvat13qvLL1qblzy9o1_500.jpg

Leo.jpg

Oh no, I get you Oxford. Even though I haven't see any of the other actors performances besides Leo's at the moment. :D I plan on checking the other movies out soon. I know the "best" performance isn't always the winner - if this were so Leo would have won right off the bat with What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Wijn

As to hope , who knows, we might all as Kat mentioned wind up being pleasantly surprised and ByPrincess will get to be Leo's award's date :)

After all, Leo's friend Javier Bardem ( father of Little Leo ) didn't receive a BFCA,SAG,or GG nod last year, but he went on to receive an Oscar nod , so , it's rare that it happens that way, but it does still happen :)

While Ryan Gosling received both a BFCA & GG, but didn't go on to follow it up with a SAG or Oscar nod.

However, until we receive that surprise I'll just keep gazing at Mr. Gatsby pix :) :)

Leo1.jpg

Leo2.jpg

leo3.jpg

Oxford

After all, Leo's friend Javier Bardem ( father of Little Leo ) didn't receive a BFCA,SAG,or GG nod last year, but he went on to receive an Oscar nod , so , it's rare that it happens that way, but it does still happen

That also happened to Jeremy Renner ;)

So like I said before, I have a feeling he will probably get nominated for some of the major awards, but once again, not all. And at this point I don't even care if he wins, because being nominated truely is an honor, and I would be happy for even that!

And thank you all for the compliments on my avi :heart:

Kat

Yes, in regard to Javier , anything is possible because the BFCA are critics = not Academy voters , the GG are foreign press people =not Academy voters The SAG nonimating committee consist of about 2,700 actors ( out of membership of 120,000) which are supposedly selected at random , and apparently out of that random nominating group many were not Academy members.

So when it came Oscar time , the 1,250 actors who do belong to Academy, preferred Javier's performance over Duvall /Gosling both who previously had received some precursor nods .

So sometimes when it may seem that the fat lady has finished her song, she is just pausing :p

Sic

What, who are these relatives ? Surely they know our Sic has important work to do at the typewriter :p

Comment from SNL's Abby Elliot about Leo

"I have a million girl crushes and can't think of a single guy," says the admitted lover of guys with a sense of humor (including ex Fred Armisen) before revealing soft spots for Jon Hamm and Leonardo DiCaprio.

"I was a huge Titanic fan," she says. "Saw it eight times. If [DiCaprio] ever hosted, I'd turn into my 13-year-old self and freak out."

Wow! A weekend away, and when came back I find so much pessimism :blink:. This is disappointing :(. Well, I reiterate my position: I believe that Leo not only will be named, as I think he'll win... I feel this :p. Each one is entitled to have an opinion, that is mine :blush:.

Changing the subject : Survey question : Which performance are you MOST looking forward to and why ??

Leo as Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsy or Leo as Calvin Candie in Django Unchained ??

Between the two movies I'm most looking forward to Django, not only for being the first villain, but also for everything that has been said about it. I'm loving the idea of ​​Leo working with Tarantino, he's a director who always surprises. Of course that Gatsby is great too, but my vote goes to Calvin Candie.

No new pics yet :cry2:. Thanks girls for all pics and infos :hug:.

^^ That's just an impossible choice to make :p

I'm mostly excited for Gatsby in the end, I think. Just because there will be more time with Leo in it ;)

But I have to admit Django is going to be my guilty pleasure ;)

Thanks for that BREATHTAKING cover Ox!!

Lil' of topic but interesting:

Kate Winslet Says She Feels 'Weird' About 'Titanic 3D'

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/20...eels_weird_abou

Wijn

As to hope , who knows, we might all as Kat mentioned wind up being pleasantly surprised and ByPrincess will get to be Leo's award's date :)

After all, Leo's friend Javier Bardem ( father of Little Leo ) didn't receive a BFCA,SAG,or GG nod last year, but he went on to receive an Oscar nod , so , it's rare that it happens that way, but it does still happen :)

While Ryan Gosling received both a BFCA & GG, but didn't go on to follow it up with a SAG or Oscar nod.

post-51835-0-1446081670-93985_thumb.gif OMG YES! I remember it!

This is it.... my last hope and I swear you Girls! I'm going to hold it to this one because at this point where he doesn't seem to have many options to be even nominated, is the only drop of optimism that I'll have.

By the way Wijn about the article of kate, I loved her answer because it seems very genuine thought

I think Leo has the same idea about it but doesn't say it to not look ungrateful ;)