Bellazon

How to be a male model?

AnthonyDeOliveira

well i have a few pimples here and there but the acne scaring there alot on my cheeks.

hopefully with this scar lotion/moisturizer it clears up.

but how old do male models usually get into the buissnes at? i know for women its faster

cause i read agencies like men 18 or over cause they dont want a childish look to them or something like that.

OH and another question, you know male/female models how there cheeks bones are so chiseled and defined, thats done with make-up right?

I guess it depends on what their clients are looking for :idk:

I know that Wilhelmina tells underweight male model Owen Steuart that he needs to put on weight through diet and exercise, as clients repeatedly comment on his bony appearance.

source: mh

they may put you in touch with a photographer for real pics if you ask.

If they like you theyll set it up otherwise theyll just give you his contact info

shes right...usually the guys and girls just look like that but sometimes they use photoshop to make the jawline pop out more...

yes youre gonna get rejected...everyone gets rejected...especially when theyre just starting out.

the agency will only make your portfolio if theyre gonna take you on...otherwise youre on your own

They would take some polaroids of u :) and then arrange a meeting with clients that they think will be interested in your look :hehe: You would probably start off doing small jobs just to build up your portfolio but who knows u might get lucky :whistle:

I know that Clay Parton's first fashion show was Dolce & Gabbana FW06 and he opened it :o

they may put you in touch with a photographer for real pics if you ask.

If they like you theyll set it up otherwise theyll just give you his contact info

shes right...usually the guys and girls just look like that but sometimes they use photoshop to make the jawline pop out more...

yes youre gonna get rejected...everyone gets rejected...especially when theyre just starting out.

the agency will only make your portfolio if theyre gonna take you on...otherwise youre on your own

Im talking about when there in shows as well like live stuff are there cheek bones and jaws make-up related or natural?

and do any of you know any tips to get rid of acne? or scars?

what she said...you might get like powder to reduce shine, if they have anything to cover up theyll do it...

yes theyll take polaroids if they like you and you get back into the room to get interviewed...but the open calls ive gone to, they take your pics or comp cards and look at them while you wait in the lobby...if they like em theyll call you into the room if they dont think they ca get you work right now theyll just give you your stuff back and send you packing. ha it sucks trust...if they dont want you they dont do anything...

i used accutane to get rid of my mild acne...it works great but you have to go to the doctors...they have to check your blood every month and your skin gets pretty dried out while your on it.

chances are if there are people on the streets its most likely not a good agency...for instance...there is a agency using wilhelminas name but its "scouting" and they dont pay for anything.

If you get approached in the street i say look into it...if they ask for money to do stuff then id say dont do it.

A reputable agency will pay for your portfolio to be made and everything...theyll just take the money out of your first job but they wont make you pay up front.

accutane is the strongest acne drug you can take...it raises choleserol though so they have to keep an eye on you while your on it. They do blood tests to make sure its not damaging any organs